Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer is in full swing…

Hey, I’m back!  It has sure been a while since I’ve posted anything, but here I am.  Clearly, I have missed a lot of important things since the last time I posted.  I will maybe try to get to some ‘catch up’ posts together, but for now I just wanted to a post.  So, I picked to write about summer.  (that’s just the only word I could think of that will let me make a “hodge-podge” post)

Brett and Trevor both just wrapped up a month of baseball.  They had so much fun.  It’s a summer rec program, so it’s not tournament games or anything.  They had a blast though.

P1090895P1090877

It was definitely a busy month, Trevor had games on Mon & Wed, and Brett played on Tues & Thurs. 

We ended one month and started another… We celebrated the beginning of July with a weekend of camping.  And, oh my, the weather was FANTASTIC!

P1090970P1090949

 

P1090944P1090954

I didn’t take many pictures – I wish I would have taken more. Bummer.  It was a weekend filled with relaxing in the sun (or shade), bike rides, campfires (and S’mores!), bubbles, kiddie pools, bean bag toss, water balloons, etc.

We took the camper home on Monday, and then Matt & I went with Phil, Wendi and Jed for a motorcycle ride.  It was a great ride!  My butt was a little sore because that’s the farthest I’ve ridden – and the back seat of Matt’s back is not very “cushy” :)  But it was SOOOO nice out, and Phil planned out the route, and we had mostly great roads.  The exception was Hwy 10 on the way home.  Talk about bumpy!!  Oh well, still a really great afternoon.  Couldn’t have happened if mom wasn’t willing to take the kids on short notice.  She is so awesome – I don’t know what we’d do without her.  She is awesome – and I’m so glad that the kids love to go there!

We ended up finishing up the weekend watching the town fireworks.  The kids were very tired by the end of the weekend … so everyone was ready for bed when we got home. 

Okay, was that enough randomness for one post?!?  :)  I suppose I will leave it there for now, and hopefully I will be back soon :)  

2 comments:

  1. YEAH! I love to hear from you. You're right... it was perfect weather to be camping. Thanks for letting us join you, even if it was only for a few hours at a time. We had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see a post from you again Kristi!! The weekend was awesome huh!? We had a good time camping also. Love the picture of Carter, Eli and Brody in that red pool!! I think i would have taken a swim in there too! Glad to hear you got to go for a ride with your man and his bike! It was my pleasure to let you out of your parking lot monday night after fireworks!! Seems to me that happened last year too?! or was that Brent and Kelli! Anyway Love your post and pics! We need to do a bonfire again soon!

    ReplyDelete