Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas time is here. . .

Christmas is THIS Saturday and I can hardly wait!  I’m not necessarily “ready” for it – there are some presents to wrap, some presents to buy, some food to make, etc. but somehow that stuff all gets done in time.

What a great season to celebrate the birth of our King!  What an amazing sacrifice He made to come down from Heaven for US!  I hope this is the thing that my kids will always associate with Christmas.  Yes, we love Santa and Christmas lights and opening presents from under the tree – but Christmas really is only about Jesus. 

This season is also one that makes me miss … him.  Dad – I think of you every single day (but you already know that).  I’m sure I can’t even imagine what a wonderful time you are having in Heaven.  LOVE you!

IMG_3288

(I just have the most adorable parents … best ever!  I hope that I can be to my kids a fraction of the example that these two people have been to me.)

Let the celebrations begin!   MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment