Sunday, December 1, 2013

Reasons to be THANKFUL!!

2013-11-27 18.54.05 (2)

In this week of Thanksgiving, I first wanted to capture this year’s school pictures of these handsome guys.  Eli – kindergarten; Trevor – 5th grade; Brett – 7th grade. I’d say these are very good reasons to be thankful. 

There is another BIG (or little?) reason for us to be thankful this year … just over one week ago, we told these 3 fellas that next Spring they will be getting a baby brother or sister.  We weren’t really sure what to expect for a reaction – but Eli didn’t believe us, Trevor seemed pretty excited, and Brett told us “Congratulations … I’m really not sure what to say”  :)

This will definitely take some adjusting – but we are getting used to the idea and I know it will be a big blessing (in a small package). 

Other than that, things have been clicking along like normal.  (ha)  Brett played football this fall and loved it – of course.  He decided to pass on basketball this year because he didn’t feel like it was “his sport”.  I’m sure that he would’ve done fine, but I’m not going to push him into doing something he doesn’t want to do.  Trevor didn’t play any sports, but has started playing trumpet in the middle school band – I think he likes it so far and is having fun with it.  And Eli is just loving kindergarten.  He got a perfect score on his assessments just before parent-teacher conferences at the beginning of November.  He is learning to spell lots of words and even helped me read “Green Eggs and Ham”.  He does his best to try and keep up with those brothers (and usually holds his own). 

As the Advent Season begins today, we are so looking forward to celebrating the events that lead up to the birth of our Savior.  How could we be more blessed than to receive a gift like that? 

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!! Such a pleasant surprise!! Maybe, just maybe, you'll have a girl this time? ;) You are so blessed with those handsome handsome boys. I'm glad to see your post, and I hope you're feeling well. P.S. Thank you for stopping by my blog, too. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meredith! I pray that your sweet family has a wonderful Christmas season!

      Delete